Friday 25 October 2013

Lemon Myrtle

I love the taste of Lemon Myrtle tea and have been using it since I bought some to offer at my herbal tea tastings as part of a Health and Wellness day at the Chelsea Heights Community Centre a few years ago. People enjoyed it but unfortunately I only had a few packets to sell on the day. Since then I have been getting it in bulk. Recently I made up a herbal punch with lemon myrtle, fresh rosemary leaves, apple & pear juice, fresh mint leaves and bilberry fruits at my City of Kingston's Seniors event- Put Zing into your Life with foods and herbs. Yesterday I attended a fantastic workshop on Growing Herbs by Sustainable Gardening Australia and have just subscribed to their monthly newsletter. Here I saw an article on Lemon Myrtle that I am sharing the link to with you. It has information on this native tree with a recipe for you to make some truly authentic Australian biscuits. Lemon Myrtle tea has relaxing properties and can help ease respiratory complaints.

Lemon Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment